The terminal voltage of the PN junction constitutes a certain barrier. When the forward bias voltage is applied, and the barrier decreases, the majority carriers in the P and N regions diffuse toward each other. Since the electron mobility is much larger than the hole mobility, a large amount of electrons diffuse into the P region, which constitutes injection of minority carriers in the P region. These electrons recombine with the holes in the valence band, and the energy obtained during the recombination is released in the form of light energy. This is the principle of PN junction illumination.
Main features of 5050RGB lamp bead led
1. Voltage: LED lamp beads use low voltage power supply. Led strip light rgb supplier
generally has a supply voltage of 2-4V, depending on the product. So it is a higher power source than using it. A safer power supply is ideal for use in public places.
2. Current: The brightness becomes brighter with the increase of current. The working current of small power LED lamp bead is 0-60mA, and the working current of high power LED is above 150mA.
3. Performance: Energy consumption is reduced by 80% compared to incandescent lamps with the same efficacy. It is very energy efficient.
4. Applicability: It is small. Each unit LED chip is a 3-5 mm square, so it can be fabricated into various shapes of devices and is suitable for a variable environment.
5. Response time: The response time of the incandescent lamp is millisecond, and the response time of the LED lamp is nanosecond.
6. Environmental pollution: It has no harmful metal mercury.
7. Color: Changing the current can change color. The light-emitting diode can conveniently adjust the energy band structure and band gap of the material through chemical modification method to realize multi-color luminescence of red, yellow, green and blue. For small currents, it is a red LED. As the current increases, it can turn orange, yellow, and then green.