There are generally two reasons why the LED light strip does not light up. One is that all the strips of light will not light up, and the other is that only one section will not light up.
The former reason is likely to be caused by the power plug falling off and turning off the power. In other words, the power socket of the connector is broken. Check whether the power plug is connected well. The other kind of problem is more common, and there may be many reasons for it.
1. The light strip is broken;
2. Resistor welding: the first two are generally caused by excessive distortion and involvement of LED strips during the entire installation process;
3. Burning of resistors and burning of integrated ICs: long-term lighting of the LED strips causes over-temperature, and there is also a possibility that the burning of the LEDs is caused by the working voltage, and the resistors are penetrated due to the excessive current or working voltage. , the resistor has suffered serious damage, so the whole meter of the lamp is not bright, this is very obvious, usually there will be burn marks, you can check it carefully.
Several common wiring methods:
1. Welding method, firstly assign low voltage to the light strip, then find the dot on the light strip, and then weld the wire to the dot.
2. Terminal connection method, first connect a lot of resistors in parallel with the lamp beads, then connect the two output wires of the power supply to the positive and negative wire ports of the corresponding lamp strips, and then plug the power cord into the socket.
3. The driver wiring method, first connect the lamp beads of the LED strip lighting in series, then insert the two pins of the driver plug into the cores of the two leads of the light strip, and then insert the plug into the socket.
(1) Welding method
First find out whether the lamp uses high-voltage or low-voltage electricity. Normally, considering the safety, the light strip will be equipped with low-voltage electricity, then select the required LED strip, and then check the two dots in every three lamp beads on the strip. Solder the wire to the dot and that's it.
(2) Terminal connection
First, connect all the lamp beads in parallel with many resistors. This kind of light strip should be equipped with 12 volts of DC power. Connect the two output lines of the DC power supply to the corresponding positive and negative lines of the LED light strip, and then plug the power cord into the socket. That's fine, but it can also be powered directly from a 12-volt battery pack.
(3) Driver wiring method
First connect the lamp beads of the light strip in series, then equip it with a driver, insert the two pins of the driver plug into the cores of the two leads of the light strip according to the appropriate polarities, and then connect the power plug of the driver. Just plug it into a 220-volt power outlet in your home.
The above is the wiring method of LED light strips. From the above article, we can see that there is not only one way of wiring. When we actually operate, we must choose the appropriate one according to our own actual environment and construction site, so as to ensure that the light strip can be It's working fine, hope it helps.